3.18.2010

A Whole Bunch of Celebration!

This past week and weekend have been filled with so much joy and happiness I will have to try to explain it all in words. Lets see... Well last Tuesday we started off a crazy happy week with my father-in-law's 69th birthday. We went over to there house for some dinner and cake and just took time to enjoy each others company. I had made him my famous chocolate cake and it turned out wonderful. At the end of the night we all sat in the living room looking at John's high school yearbooks. Man how things can change in 50+ years! All of the girls were only wearing dresses and they were actually MODEST! and very stylish! I kept saying, wow! I want them for myself :-) It was a totally different world back then and it kinda got me to thinking about society these days and how corrupt teenagers are these days (I know, I was just one of them!) John told us some stories and it was so nice to spend time relaxing with his family. They are such a blessing to me.

And then it was time for another birthday party! My dad was turning the big 50! So Tiffany (my sister) and I had been trying to plan it for a long time and we were able to get it all together at the last minute. (for those of you who don't know, Tiffany is still living in Alabama) So Tiffany wanted to surprise my dad with her visit so she flew in on Thursday. Due to plane complications and flying stand bye she was supposed to get to AZ at 5:40 but was delayed and didn't get home until 11:30!!! So I was able to take a half day at work and I drove down to Casa Grande to pick up my niece from her grandma's because that is where she is living right now. Tiffany stayed with us and we got all of the stuff ready for the birthday party. Then on Friday night Kevin and I went to Alyssa and Chris' Bachelor and bachelorette party. The bachelorette party was a blast we had a lot of fun with friends! Then Saturday was all about getting ready for the party that was supposed to start at 1:00 We were busy trying to get the last minute things and trying to run to Costco. BTW Costco is SUPER busy on Saturdays!! So we got everything ready and since it was a surprise party my dad didn't know that he was supposed to be there on time. He got there at about 2:30... So by that time we had a bunch of very hungry people! My dad was very surprised and he had a lot of fun at his party! I was so glad that Tiffany and I could do that for him!

Then Sunday came around which was Alyssa's wedding! She looked so beautiful and it was a wonderful wedding! After the wedding we went to the reception. She had it at a place called lavender and old lace. My hubby and his band got to play a couple of songs there and it was very nice. I hope and pray that they are blessed throughout their marriage.

God has really been getting a hold of me lately and there is no better feeling. He has been able to use me to minister to people: new Christians, backsliders, young girls... and I just feel so grateful that he has allowed me to be used by him because I don't deserve any of it. But it just shows the power of God's love and His grace. We don't have to earn His love or anything that he can give us. The blood of Jesus casts our sins as far as the east is from the west when we repent of all our sins. It just amazes me how people can be so blinded from the love of Jesus.

We have been having to practice quite a bit for the Dark Circus play at our church lately. Mostly just the carousel because one of our 4 girls (Charlyn) had to be brought into another scene in the play (vanity) and through this little switch and all of this practice God has really stretched me in my Christianity. Because my flesh sometimes does not want to be there, and God has checked me SO many times on my attitude and I actually think it is starting to change and I am starting to have my character strengthened. This has not been easy for me, but God (and the others I am preforming with) are patient with me in this learning experience.

Ok now that I am kinda caught up on the blog, I think that I will get to work now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment