2.11.2010

Welcome to the BLOG


So I finally decided to start up a blog. I was getting tired of wasting time on facebook and in the end have nothing to show for my time. Hmm... I don't know where to start. Well for those who don't know yet about 7 months ago on June 28th Kevin and I got MARRIED. It was one of the best decisions that I have ever made and I am so happy to have found a guy who suits me so well and that would respect me enough to save our first kiss for the alter! God knew the type of man that I needed. But, one thing is for sure... Being married is one of the most challenging things I have ever done. It is wonderful and rewarding, but it does take work and I could not ask for a better partner :-)

Last month Kevin and I moved. It was indeed an UPGRADE. (a well-needed one at that) We were living in a one bedroom- didn't have any space for nothing- tiny apartment. It was a bachelor pad for sure! The bathroom was about the same size as the kitchen! It was a trail for me to cook in there everyday. (and my favorite hobby is to cook). We also didn't have a washer and dryer in our apartment unit and had to haul tons of laundry every week across the whole apartment complex to pay 2.50 per load. It was really a challenge. But then God opened the door, when our lease was complete in December. We were able to move into a 2 bedroom apartment almost DOUBLE the size of our first one. We are only paying a little over 100 dollars more a month. But for what we have, it is a great price!

Both of us have full time jobs. Kevin works for at&t and has been there for a little over a year and I work at a medical testing lab and I have been here for almost 2 years. I love my job and have a lot of favor with my employers. God has really blessed me with this job and I actually like working here!

On Monday night we had our friends Chris and Alyssa over after one of our revival meetings at church. When they were getting ready to leave a little kitten just walked right into our house. He was very clean and well-behaved. We knew that he must have been someone's cat and so we put up a "found" sign. So far no one has come to claim the little guy and we just couldn't leave him out in the cold with nothing to eat. So we welcomed him in. His name is Sebastian and he is the sweetest cat I have ever known! He sleeps with us at night. This morning I woke up and he was sleeping on my face! Like his whole body. All I could think was, how did i not wake up earlier?!?! I'll post a picture on here.

well that is all I can think to write for now.

see ya! Thanks for reading.

2 comments: